News from Finger Lakes Public Radio
Scientists at Cornell University are bringing a new seedless table grape to market and they’re inviting the public to help name it. This isn’t the first time that Cornell has drawn upon the creativity of the public in naming a grape. But since that contest in 2012, seeking names from the public has had some unexpected results. Britain famously declined the name a research vessel Boaty McBoatface, though a Swedish railway firm decided just this past week that Trainy McTrainface was fine. It’s...
WXXINews.ORG Latest Headlines
- As Cost Of U.S. Health Care Skyrockets, So Does Pay Of Health Care CEOs
- After Three-Year Hiatus, Ohio Carries Out An Execution
- Muslims In The U.S. Face Increased Discrimination, PEW Report Says
- Victim Of San Antonio Migrant Smuggling Had Been Deported
- Senate Health Care Debate To Dismantle Obamacare Continues