News from Finger Lakes Public Radio
Poet John Ashbery died on September 3rd. He was born in Rochester and raised in Sodus. His impact on American letters was wide-ranging and the acclaim for his work included the Pulitzer and many, many other awards. We asked Hobart and William Smith Colleges professor and poet James McCorkle to offer some perspective on John Ashbery.
WXXINews.ORG Latest Headlines
- Census Bureau: Median Incomes Rose And Poverty Levels Fell In 2016
- Florida's Farmers Look At Irma's Damage: 'Probably The Worst We've Seen'
- With Power Out, Many Florida Gas Stations Remain Closed
- Florida Businesses Struggle To Reopen Without Power After Irma
- Coming up on NTK: Why genetic ancestry should matter to you