News from Finger Lakes Public Radio
Since 2014, Geneva has officially celebrated the life and legacy of jazz bassist Scott LaFaro around his birthday in April. The group behind Geneva Night Out successfully lobbied to have a stretch of downtown street named in his honor. Another committee organizes an annual concert at The Smith Opera House. Tonight, at City Council the Public Art Committee will present a plan to erect a statue honoring LaFaro. It’s an idea that’s starting to gain traction, but it’s actually been on the mind of Kevin Dunn, a professor of political science at Hobart and William Smith Colleges for more than a decade.
WXXINews.ORG Latest Headlines
- Trump To Meet Malaysia's Leader As Probe Against Him Deepens
- Equifax Data Breach Gets The Attention Of Lawmakers On Capitol Hill
- Hurricane Irma Blasts Into The Record Books With Lasting Intensity
- In Hong Kong Speech, Bannon Expected To Take A Hard Line On China
- Report finds $1.4B problem in New York's Medicaid program